One thing you might enjoy passing the time could be to fly a quadcopter. However, flying outdoors can pose problems. A windy or rainy day certainly would not be a good day to fly a quadcopter outdoors. You also might not enjoy flying when the day is too cold or too hot.
Flying a quadcopter indoors can be more challenging than flying outdoors. However, flying indoors does have the advantage of being able to fly any day regardless of the weather. If you are careful to keep safety in mind, you can fly a quadcopter indoors and have lots of fun doing it. For some excellent safety tips and the best quadcopters reviewed, check this article on Today Best Drone.
It’s not a good idea to fly a mid-size quadcopter in any regular size room. There is simply not enough room for a mid-size copter to perform. You would be far more successful flying a micro-size quadcopter indoors. Read on to find a review of the best indoor quadcopter currently on the market, the Holy Stone HS170 Predator Quadcopter.
Holy Stone HS170 Predator Quadcopter
If you’re shopping for a gift for a child or a beginning remote-controlled quadcopter flyer, this is the perfect one for you. You’ll understand why after reading the following review of the Holy Stone HS170 which is the best of all the indoor quadcopters currently on the market. Both the performance and features of this fantastic little quadcopter are outstanding.
Considering the reasonable price of this quadcopter, its great quality is very surprising. Its three different modes make this quadcopter adaptable for beginners and it also has advanced modes for the experienced flyer. It is just loads of fun to fly.
It also comes with a set of spare blades. Therefore, if you should break one or lose one or more blades with an intense flight, you are prepared with the extra blade set included. Because each blade has a different angle, it is important that when you replace a blade that you do it correctly. The quadcopter simply won’t fly properly if you don’t. It may even tip over when flying.
The feet of this quadcopter are elastic which cause it to land when the quadcopter turns. Its feet are also cushioned making them flexible enough to provide protection when the quadcopter lands. If the quadcopter hits a wall, its curved propeller protectors lessen the impact. These are features that make the quadcopter more robust.
- Battery Recharging is Easy – Since the quadcopter’s battery is replaceable, it is very easy to recharge it. After some time, the battery may become depleted, but you can order a new one. You can find the part number in the included manual.
It only takes 30 minutes to recharge the quadcopter’s battery, and the recharge will give you approximately 8 minutes of flight time. Therefore, it is a good idea to purchase extra batteries. Having extra batteries handy will avoid your having to wait for a battery to recharge.
- The Controller – The controller carries 6A batteries. The control of the quadcopter maneuvers its up and down accelerator and also controls its steering levers that rotate the quadcopter to make it go to the right or left.
By pressing and holding the quadcopter’s button, you can activate its Headless Mode option.
- Outstanding Flight Performance – The quadcopter has three speed settings that affect its yaw rate with each level. The low setting allows a slow response which is great for beginners. There are also middle and high frequency setting that are lots of fun to fly with. The yaw rate may be a bit slow, however, its tipping rate more than makes up for this.
- 3 Different Speed Modes – Its 3 speed modes makes this quadcopter good for beginners or advanced pilots.
- Colorful LED Lights – Its LED lights makes it possible to fly the quadcopter at night if you decide to fly outside.
- “Headless Flying System” – The flight of the quadcopter is easier to control and to master since the controller is in the head of the quadcopter.
- 6-Axis Gyro Stabilization System – This system makes recovery after acrobatics or sudden movements very easy.
Included in Package:
- 1 quadcopter
- 1 2.4G remote control (batteries not included)
- 4 additional rotating knives
- 1 3.7m 350 mAh Li-ion battery
- 1 USB charging cable
- 1 user manual
- 1 screwdriver
Tips for Flying the Holy Stone HS170 Predator Quadcopter
- Pilots of this quadcopter should be at least 14 years old.
- Technical support, operational support or maintenance is available at 626-465-7134 in the US.
- Engines of this quadcopter are powerful and highly responsive. To maintain control, you should adjust the throttle slowly.
- During use, circuit board and motors may become hot. For that reason, you should cool them for 10 minutes between flights in order to make it pieces last as long as possible.
- The current input to the USB charger should be less than 0.5A, or a current charger can be used.
- The quadcopter’s weight is less than 0.5 lb. For that reason, there is no FAA registration required for this quadcopter.