iPhone black screen is something you would never want. Imagine a case when you are getting notifications, calls but iPhone black screen is all you see. And when this happens, you’ll need to do a lot of things to get the normal display back because it is a part of the iOS system recovery process.
So, what do you do then? Should you remove the battery? Switch your phone off? Reset the phone? NO! You will still see the nasty iPhone black screen. But in this article, we will show you the best way of fixing your problem and finding an easy route for the iOS system recovery process and fixing the iPhone black screen.
Let’s see the root cause of the problem beforehand.
Why does the iPhone Screen go Black?
The reasons for an iPhone black screen are numerous, like – either by any hardware problem or software malfunctioning. But in most of the cases, it is the software that is the reason.
If your iPhone falls accidentally, it can cause the problem, if any software crashes, it can lead to your display being frozen completely, leading to the iPhone black screen. Software crashes often lead to system failures and you may need to get a tool for iOS system recovery.
So, basically, you need to make sure that you treat your device nicely and don’t handle it carelessly because it can land you in the line for iOS system recovery.
At the same time, you need to look actively for any scope of software crashing, especially the heavy ones, and take timely action to avoid any black screen on iPhone.
So, now that we know about the reasons, let’s see how you can regain the normal display and treat the black screen.
How to Fix Black Screen on iPhone?
If your iPhone black screen is due to any hardware problem, you might want to rush towards the Apple repair center for immediate assistance.
But, in case the problem is due to any software problem (which is in most of the cases), here we present the best way of fixing the iPhone black screen and for iOS system recovery.
The solution to your problem is –> Dr.Fone – iOS system repair.
Basically, the problem originates when any software malfunction causing the system to crash and go blackout. In most cases, an iTunes restore does the job, but if you haven’t taken any backup, you may have to lose a lot of crucial data or even all of it!
Here comes Dr.Fone to the rescue. This iOS system recovery agent works great in fixing your iPhone black screen along with saving your data at the same time.
What is Dr.Fone – iOS System Repair? How to Use it for iOS System Recovery?
As mentioned above, this software is handy, effective, and a quick way of fixing all sorts of iOS system issues. With this powerful tool, you can rectify a number of iOS system problems like – iPhone black screen, iPhone stuck on Apple logo, recovery mode, iPhone boot loop, freezing of iPhone, iOS system repair, DFU mode, and many more.
And the best part about using Dr.Fone is that anyone is capable of running the operations even without knowing much of the technicalities. Though it is a paid tool, it has a free version where you can try and see its usability.
The major reason as to why you should be using an iOS system recovery tool like Dr.Fone is that using such type of tools doesn’t harm your data. If you are going with iTunes restore, then probably you might end up losing a lot of it, but not in the case of Dr.Fone. This system does everything on its own with a couple of clicks.
So, how do you fix iPhone Black Screen using Dr.Fone? Let’s see the answer to that.
In order to start the iOS system recovery process, you need to first download the software –
Now that you are done downloading it, it’s time to launch it.
Once you are done launching it, you are ready to work on the recovery process.
Before moving forward, you must know that there are 4 major types of iOS system recovery methods you can use. All of them have their share in the iOS system recovery process. So, use the one that is appropriate for your condition.
Part 1 – iOS system recovery in Standard Mode
- After launching the software, connect your iOS device to the computer using the cable.
Once Dr.Fone recognizes your device, it will offer you 2 options: Standard Mode and Advanced Mode. You need to choose one of both. (Standard Mode fixes iOS system issues while retaining the device data, but if it fails, advanced mode comes in. Advanced mode also fixes the issues but in the process, it loses the data completely. So, for normal cases, go with Standard and only switch to Advanced if the former fails)
- The tool will detect the model type and will show you the available iOS system versions. Select one of those versions and click on “Start”.
- The download of the selected iOS firmware will begin.
- Once the download is complete, Dr.Fone will automatically begin verifying the iOS firmware.
- When it is verified, click on “Fix Now”. The repairing of your iOS will begin.
- In a matter of minutes, the device will be repaired and viola! The device is back to normal usage!
Part 2 – iOS System recovery in Advanced Mode
- Use this mode only when Standard mode doesn’t work. This time, choose the Advanced Mode at the beginning and make sure the device is connected. This process is more-or-less similar to the Standard mode.
- Follow the same steps to download the Firmware as we did in Standard mode by clicking “Start”. And then click “Fix Now” once the device is verified.
- After pressing Fix Now, the device will start repairing and the advanced mode will make sure the in-depth iOS system recovery on your device.
- Once the repair is complete, you’ll be able to use your device again normally, but all your data will be gone.
Part 3 – iOS System Recovery when your iOS device is not recognized
If your iOS device is not recognized by the PC, what would you do? In such cases, Dr.Fone shows a message of “Device is connected but not recognized”. Click on this link and the tool will show you how to boot the device in recovery mode or DFU mode prior to repairing. Just follow the instructions written on the screen.
- For instance, follow these steps to boot iPhone 8 and later in recovery mode –
Switch your device off and connect it to pc.
- Press and release the Volume up button quickly. Then, press and release the Volume down button quickly.
- Lastly, press and hold the side button until you see the “Connect to iTunes Screen” option.
Follow these steps to boot iPhone 8 and later models in DFU Mode –
- Use a cable and connect the device to PC after switching it off.
Press and release the volume up button once and then press and release the volume down button.
- Long press the side button till the screen turns black.
- Now, without releasing the side button, long-press the volume down button together for about 5-7 seconds.
- Now, release the side button but keep on pressing the volume down button.
If the screen remains black, it means DFU mode has been activated successfully.
Now, once your device enters any of the – Recovery or the DFU mode, choose the “Standard” or “Advanced” mode to follow the process again.
Part 4 – How to Get Out of Recovery Mode
If the device has been stuck at the recovery mode, then here’s the process of getting out of there –
- Open Dr.Fone tool. From the main interface, select the option – “Repair”.
- Now, connect your iOS device to the computer and select “iOS Repair”.
- Click on “Exit Recovery Mode” in the lower right-hand side.
- From the window that pops up, click on “Exit Recovery Mode” below the mobile’s design.
In an instance, your device will be out of the Recovery mode.
Pheww! Finally, now you are able to fix your iPhone black screen and do the iOS system recovery easily. The procedure isn’t tough but needs a proper explanation. But, to be on a safe side, why get in such a situation? Watch out for software updates and hardware requirements so that you don’t get into a situation where your iPhone screen goes black and you have to recover the iOS system.