In order for a student to make the process of getting education easier and more effective, he/she needs a computer at hand. But due to the fact that the system blocks are cumbersome, the best option is to purchase a laptop.
Modern manufacturers offer a variety of models, but not everyone knows how to choose a laptop for studying so that it fully meets all the needs. Due to the fact that students have a lot of written tasks, they sometimes find Australian essay writing service for doing their task. In that case, they also need good laptops for checking the task is done well.
Are you puzzled and have no idea of what to pay attention to first when choosing a laptop? Follow the laptop buying tips for choosing the most reliable helper for college students.
4 Key Requirements a Student’s Laptop Should Meet
Before you start looking for the best laptop model, get acquainted with the major requirements to the gadget aimed at being used for studying.
- Check whether the chosen model of a laptop makes it possible to run any programs, even those that require considerable resources from technology.
- Due to the fact that you will need to use a laptop at a double-period, it must be light and compact. It is important that the gadget does not interfere on the road.
- This feature provides free movement of the user at any time in any place.
- It allows not to worry that if the device is damaged during the trip, the stored information (a term paper, an essay, etc.) will be lost on it.
What You Should Be Guided by Choosing a Laptop: 5 Helpful Tips
Is it a good idea to save for the whole year and buy an expensive Apple laptop or to choose the cheaper variant? Which characteristics will be useless and aren’t worth overpaying? These and many other questions cross the minds of students when choosing a laptop for studying. Let’s try to make it clear what you need to pay attention to when making such an important purchase.
1. Choose the Laptop of the Reputable Producer
Does the brand matter? Each of them has its distinctive features and peculiarities, which may play an important role when choosing a gadget. Get acquainted with the most popular manufacturers to choose from:
- Quite reliable and relatively inexpensive notebooks with high-quality performance and good stuffing inside.
- Great choice, for any wallet, excellent characteristics, even with a relatively low cost, but often there are problems with the cooling efficiency of powerful laptops.
- It has a huge line of laptops of any class and for any budget. The peculiarity of Asus laptops is elegant design, slim body, which is especially applicable to this company’s ultrabooks, a large selection of models in the middle price segment.
- An excellent manufacturer of low-cost, but high-quality models, focused mainly on Internet surfing and work with Office on. They are distinguished by the good autonomy of work, nice build quality.
- Laptops of this brand are in great demand in the middle segment. They are the best laptops for college students for little money -you can buy a high-quality laptop with good performance, which will definitely cost the money spent. The choice is very wide, both for study and office, as well as for games you can play when having a five-minute break from doing your homework.
2. Check the Display Characteristics
Unfortunately, a great display can be found only in very expensive laptops, for example, Apple. This, of course, does not mean that you won’t be able to work with a laptop with a lower cost, but you will have to put up with the lower resolution, lower contrast of the image and stronger distortions when trying to look at the display at an angle other than direct.
Choose the cover of the display to your taste but remember that the matte does not irritate the glare with the reflection of everything and everyone, while the glossy makes the picture more attractive. Sometimes there is a frankly bad backlighting of the screen, as, for example, some laptops from the ASUS N550 series. To recognize the problem still in the store, adjust the brightness level and see if the image flickers at this stage. If you did not manage to see it at any value of brightness, then most likely, problems with eye fatigue will not arise.
3. Pay Attention to the Body Materials
Here, everything is simple: whether you choose a laptop with the body made of aluminium or plastic – you do not need to drop it anyway. And specially protected models are unreasonably expensive for a student. Aluminium looks more expensive, and it costs more.
A cheap glossy plastic laptop in most cases looks not impressive. Does the aluminium material mean the longer durability and is worth paying more for? Plastic laptops of the famous producers will also serve you long. You are recommended to go to the store and touch the material to check whether it is easy to leave prints on it, etc.
4. Choose the Right Processor for Your Needs
Since the advent of ultra-laptops and the corresponding ultra-low-voltage processors from Intel, the following trend has developed: in laptops, either one of the economical CPUs is installed, or this may not be an easy and compact laptop or 2-3 times more powerful processor in gaming and professional laptops. The ultra-low voltage CPU can be easily distinguished by the letter U at the end of the name, for example, Intel Core i5-3337U.
They should not be avoided, like the processors of the Atom family. On the other hand, video and image rendering using ULV processors do not pass as fast as you would like, so if you are studying, for example, a video editing program, then you should take a closer look at the 4-core CPU.
5. Check How Long the Battery Life Is
Pay special attention to this parameter, since the need to charge the battery may become an unpleasant gift before the delivery of urgent work. The average time of well-optimized laptops is 4-5 hours. The parameters of the standard battery for the laptop: 4200-4400 mAh, more powerful- 6600-8800 mAh – this laptop will work for 8 hours without recharging.
For an approximate estimate of the duration, you can refer to the declared characteristics of the manufacturer. The battery life is very important for those who want to take a compact laptop to the college/university using it at double-periods.
Laptops, as a tool for creating and editing content, will be in demand for a long time, because they combine great performance and a full-fledged keyboard with mobility, the ability to take the device anywhere and anytime. Neither the tablet nor the desktop can completely replace the laptop, especially for students – one of the most active population groups. Hope the above tips on choosing the right laptop will allow you to make the right choice among thousands of models!