Video editing has become very popular now-a-days and is no longer restricted to professionals. With the advent of smartphones, digital cameras, drones and superb action cameras great videos have become a part of our daily life. Also videos are a great way to convey your ideas, work, plans etc. and have many uses in entertainment, educational, professional, media and many more fields. But for making your captured videos more stunning you need a great video editing software too. Currently market is flooded with such softwares, but there is one issue while trying to add more and more features to keep up with the trend software companies have made their softwares very complicated which makes them difficult to use if you are a beginner.
So to make your video editing experience more fun and easy I am here with a software called Filmora, it is very beginner friendly and has a very simple user interface. But don’t go on its simplicity it has plethora of features at a reasonable cost for making your videos look professional. Moreover it supports variety of audio and video formats and you can easily share your work to social media platforms directly through it. This software is mainly designed for casual users as anyone can learn to use this regardless of their skill level and the end result looks and sounds just amazing.
Filmora comes in versions for both Windows and Mac and they offer you a free trial which lets you export clips 10 times with a Filmora logo on your edited videos. Once you are satisfied with it you can subscribe yearly for it or buy it for a lifetime licence and you get many added benefits like no watermark, more effects and 24/7 technical support. This video editing software is safe to install and run and is free from virus and malware. The company even promises up to 30 days money back guarantee.
Filmora User Interface
As I have mentioned above Filmora has a very simple user interface, once you install Filmora and run it you will be welcomed with a screen having five options. Firstly you have to choose aspect ratio of your video and then their are four video editing options:
1. Action Cam Mode
As the name indicates this mode is specially for footage imported from your action camera and consists of tools which is commonly needed by the genre. Here you get following tools:
- Lens Fisheye Correction
- Speed Settings
- Color Settings (Saturation, Tint, Temperature, Brightness & Contrast)
2. Instant Cutter:
As the name implies this tool is for trimming the ends of a video clip and you can even create new clip by merging different clips in its Merge sub-mode. Here you can’t split a clip but you can Add Segments for creating a new clip.
3. Easy Mode:
This mode is for the newbies who doesn’t want to spend much time in editing video clips. It is a semi-automatic kind of mode with in-built themes and music tracks. All you have to do is select the clips you want to edit and then select a theme based on your content. The theme includes great effects, captions and transitions and after that you can select the audio tracks available in the editor or you can even upload other audio files as per your choice and you are done!!!
The results are amazing and your boring video transforms into a stunning and fun video without much efforts.
4. Full Feature Mode:
This mode gives you full control over your video and consists of variety of tools and hundreds of effects and transitions. The user interface is very simple and has a three panel layout one for source content, one for video preview and a timeline across the bottom. Here are the highlight features of this mode:
- Split Video:You can split large video files into several small clips for better editing.
- Rotate Video: You can rotate videos clockwise and counterclockwise by 90 degrees and flip it horizontally & vertically.
- Crop Video: You can change the frame ratio and crop the video to desired area.
- Trim Video: You can delete the unwanted part of the video by trimming it accurately.
- Speed Control: You can create fast motion and slow motion video by speeding up or slowing down the video.
- Adjust Brightness: You can make the video brighter or darker by adjusting the brightness level.
- Edit Audio: You can edit audio with variety of tools including Trim, Fade in and out, Split, Voiceover, Pitch, Equalizer etc.
- Adjust Volume: You can mute the video clip and increase or decrease the audio volume in video.
- Edit Image: You can enhance the image by editing and applying filters, overlays, transitions, PIP and more.
- Pan & Zoom: You can use Ken Burns effect to add smooth panning and zooming movements to video image.
- Play Reverse: You can play video backwards easily.
- Stabilize Video: You can eliminate the effects of a shaky camera for a stabilized video.
- Color Tuning: You can adjust the brightness, saturation, contrast etc. on your videos and even correct color.
- Enhance Video: It allows you to activate the audio denoise and auto enhance the selected clip.
- Scene Detach: It detects the whole video and split them based on different scenes.
- Green Screen: You can easily superimpose subjects to different virtual background video clips.
- Picture in Picture: You can layer multiple video clips to display different scenes simultaneously.
- Add Mosaic: You can hide the private or improper part of the video with mosaic effect.
- Tilt Shift: With this you can draw focus to a certain part of the video and blur the rest.
- Mix Audios: It helps you to adjust multiple tracks for the video on timeline.
- Detach Audio: You can detach and extract the original audio track from the videos.
You can make your videos more stylish by using filters available in Filmora. It has more than 200 filters and it regularly updates Effects Store with lots of filters, animated elements and other modern video effects.
Filmora supports videos that have up to 4K resolution and exporting them is easy as well.
Output & Sharing
When you are done with all your editing work you can save the video to popular formats like MP4, MOV, M4V, FLV etc. For saving your time Filmora supports direct sharing to social media sites like Facebook, YouTube and Vimeo. You can even burn the result video to DVDs and set the DVD description.
You can get yearly subscription of Filmora at $39.99 per year for Windows and $44.99 per year for Mac. And you can buy permanent license by spending few dollars more that is $59.99. For commercial license you have to pay according to the number of PCs.
It has a clean interface as well as lots of effects, filters, transitions etc. so you don’t get bored. I hope this article helps you and if you are still confused you can always take a free trial on their website and buy it when you are fully convinced.