The Amazon Fire Stick is a renowned streaming gadget. This player can fit into any HDTV equipped with an HDMI port. It has a remote control, which imparts an uninterrupted movie and media experience. Still, many people are unfamiliar with it.
If you are a newbie, knowing about the different apps and features in Fire Stick will make for an exciting time using it. In this post, we will help you discover what you can do and install on this device.
1. Connecting and Setting up Fire Stick
The setting up and installation process of Fire Stick is extremely important. It plugs straight into the HDMI port on the rear of your TV. To get started with Fire Stick, you need a stable internet, a TV with a working HDMI port, two AAA batteries, and a power outlet.
Once you have plugged your Fire Stick into your TV, switch on the TV. You will be guided in a stepwise format, and at the end, your Fire Stick will connect to your Wi-Fi. Once the setup is complete, you’ll find yourself on the home screen.
2. Download Apps and Boost The Performance of Your Fire Stick
Fire Sticks has apps like Freevee, YouTube, Prime Video, and Netflix pre-installed. The best way to download an app is through the Alexa voice remote. Hold and press the Alexa button, and you’ll see a blue line at the lower part of your screen. Speak out the name of the app you wish to install, and Alexa will do the rest for you.
If you feel that your Fire Stick is becoming sluggish, go to settings (just hold down ‘Home’ for some seconds) and then go to Applications. Now, go to Manage Installed Apps and locate the slow-running app. After that, tap the Rewind button to delete the app cache. It will make it load faster.
3. Jailbreak Fire Stick to Take Your Media Viewing Experience up a Notch
The Amazon App Store provides a decent selection of apps compatible with your Fire Stick. However, there are still many third-party apps that aren’t available. Luckily, it needn’t deter you from installing them. You can bypass the store and install apps from other locations. This is called jailbreaking Fire Stick, and it is fully legal.
To jailbreak your device, access the settings menu and enable app installation from unknown sources. Now, install the Downloader app and input the URL of the .APK file you desire to install. After that, just adhere to the directions to install the desired app.
4. Increase the Storage of Your Fire Stick
A common issue many users encounter while using Fire Stick is those related to storage. This problem can be resolved by adding an external USB storage device to this player. To increase the storage, you need a connector to link to the USB storage device because Fire Sticks don’t come with a USB port. Take an OTG adapter or an ITG cable to do so.
- Remove the power cord from your Fire Stick.
- Now, plug the OTG adapter into the stick’s micro-USB port.
- Plug the USB storage into the port of the OTG adapter.
- Now, plug the FireStick power cord into the OTG adapter’s micro-USB port.
5. Bypass Location Restriction with a VPN
Bypassing geographical location restrictions has become a requirement today for all those who want to access content available in specific countries. If you desire to watch something on Netflix USA but reside in an Asian country, you cannot do so without a VPN on your Fire Stick.
So, install a robust VON like ExpressVPN or NordVPN to enjoy such restricted content uninterruptedly. Apart from letting you watch such content, a VPN also helps protect your privacy against identity thieves online. They let you change your IP address and encrypt traffic to disguise your online activity.
6. Install Useful Apps for a Better Experience
There are many apps that’ll make you download, access, and watch a variety of content. The apps enhance your ability to use Fire Stick according to your convenience.
- Downloader – This is a must-have app for those planning to jailbreak their Fire TV Stick. Downloader allows you to download APK files straight from the internet into your Fire Stick. So, there’s no need to use a network connection to transfer the file.
- Cinema APK – If you want access to an endless content lineup, this is the app to install. It provides tons of shows and movies in different genres and is extremely easy to use.
- Kodi – Kodi gives you access to streaming media content, such as music and videos. But it also goes beyond that. The software offers a way to store and stream that content on any device.
- Mouse Toggle – If you’ve jailbroken your Fire Stick and have installed an app that requires a finger gesture to navigate, installing a mouse pointer will be a good choice. The Mouse Toggle app is the best solution. Using it, you can produce the icon of an on-screen mouse by just double-tapping the Play button on your remote.
The Fire Stick is an extremely flexible device, allowing you to do many things. Use this simple guide if you’ve just begun using it. The tips here will enhance the functionality of this player to a great extent.